ELSI avocats, AARPI ("ELSI") wishes to inform you of the methods used to process personal data collected on its website www.elsi.legal (the "Website").
ELSI complies in the collection and management of your data with the amended French Data Protection Act (LIL) of 6 January 1978 relating to information technology and the European Regulation of 27 April 2016 (the "GDPR").
What personal data may be collected by ELSI?
- Your e-mail address : when you use the Website's newsletter form.
Who is the data controller?
The data controller is ELSI.
ELSI can be contacted as follows:
- By post: 43 rue Condorcet - 75009 Paris
- By e-mail: email@example.com
By telephone: +33 1 42 45 53 50
The data controller is responsible for determining the purposes and means of processing your personal data.
On what basis is your data collected and used and for what purposes?
The legal basis is ELSI's legitimate interest in responding to requests for information about ELSI news, developing its business and securing its Website.
The purposes are to respond to your request for information about ELSI news, to send you news, to compile statistics and to maintain a safe and secure internet environment.
Who will receive your data?
The following people may have access to your personal data:
- ELSI's team, i.e. its partners, employees and trainees
- ELSI's subcontractors, i.e. the hosting provider and the newsletter provider
Howlong will my data be kept?
What security is in place?
ELSI and its subcontractors have taken all necessary precautions, as well as appropriate organisational and technical measures to preserve the security, integrity and confidentiality of your personal data. Your data is kept and stored for the duration of its processing on the servers of the company Webflow:
398 11th Street, 2nd Floor
San Francisco, CA 94103, USA
On the datacenters of the company Amazon Web Services (AWS) & Fastly
AmazonWeb Services Inc.
410Terry Avenue North
Seattle,WA 98109-5210, USA
In this context, your data may be transferred outside the European Union. The transfer of your data in this context is secured by means of the following tools:
- Either this data is transferred to a country that has been judged to offer an adequate level of protection by a decision of the European Commission;
- Or we have entered into a specific contract with our subcontractors governing the transfer of your data outside the European Union, based on the standard contractual clauses between a data controller and a subcontractor approved by the European Commission If you would like more information on the appropriate safeguards, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
What rights do you have in relation to your data?
You can access and obtain a copy of your data, object to the processing of your data, have it rectified or deleted. You also have the right to limit the processing of your data.
How can I exercise my rights?
To exercise your rights, the procedure is always the same: send an email to email@example.com.
To exercise your right to object to newsletters, you can also click on the unsubscribe link integrated into the newsletters.
If you consider that the processing of your personal data constitutes a violation of the applicable texts, you have the right to refer the matter to the CNIL (Commission Nationale de l'Informatique et des Libertés, https://www.cnil.fr) or any competent judge.
What is a cookie?
When you browse our Site, cookies, pixels and other tracers ("Cookies") are dropped on your browser.
A Cookie is a small file, often encrypted, stored in your browser or your terminal and identified by a name. It is dropped when you visit a site or application. Each time you return to the website or application in question, the cookie is retrieved from your browser or terminal. Thus, each time you consult the website or application, the browser is recognised. The storage of these Cookies may allow us to access your browsing data and/or personal data about you.
We may use advertising, content customisation or analytical Cookies. You will be informed of this when you first visit the ELSI website. You will then be asked to accept or decline them as described below.
What preferences do you have regarding cookies?
Some Cookies do not require your consent, such as: technical and functional Cookies that are necessary for the operation of the Site, certain audience measurement Cookies or Cookies that allow different versions of the Site to be tested for the purpose of optimising editorial choices.
How do you set your browser?
It is also possible to set your browser to accept or reject certain cookies. Each browser offers different configuration methods:
- For Internet Explorer: go to the "Settings" menu, then "Internet Options". Click on "Confidentiality" and then on "Advanced confidentiality settings";
- For Chrome: go to the "Settings" menu and click on "Confidentiality and Security". Finally, click on 'Authorisation' and 'Cookies and site data';
- For Safari: go to the 'Settings' application and then go to Safari. Click on the 'Privacy and Security' tab. You can now choose to block all Cookies;
- For Iphone: go to the "Settings" menu, then "Safari", click on "Cookies". You can now choose to block all Cookies;
- For Android: go to "Chrome", click on the tab " " at the top right of the screen, then on "site settings" and then on "Cookies". You can now choose to accept or block cookies.
Effective date: 20 September 2021